Thursday, March 13, 2014

Easy weekly menu and what I need to buy!

Meal planning, oh how I hate thee. Let's be honest it is necessary if you want to stay at all on top of your grocery spending and avoid eating out. I find if I know first thing in the morning what I'm going to make for dinner, my day runs a little more smoothly. I know what time I need to get started. I know we have soccer at five on Thursday nights, so I will make something in the crock pot. If I know ahead of time what I'm going to make and actually have everything I need--presto better day. Whereas, when I'm not meal planning it may slip my mind it's Thursday and at 4:30 I'm throwing together sandwiches or running to Sonic.

An important aspect of meal planning, is getting the right groceries. I know I've stood many times in the middle of Krogger wondering if I have refried beans at home or not. Then getting home and finding no I don't and didn't buy them or I do buy them and I already have six cans, but I didn't buy the olives I need. With meal planning, I simply right down what I want to make each night (make sure you do this next to your weekly calendar). Then I take my list and go through the cabinets and fridge and see what I have and what I need. Now I know what I need to buy. If I was really good I'd do this for lunches too, but one thing at a time!

All I did I was go into Word and type this up. Took all of five mins, but will save me time and money.







No comments:

Post a Comment