Monday, December 1, 2014

Busy, busy, busy

Things have been busy here. Working of finishing up our last few weeks of school before we take off for Christmas break. It is hard to believe we have just about completed 18 weeks of school!  I seriously can't believe it! I would have to say I have loved the experience more than I ever expected. I love having my kids around and knowing exactly what they are learning. I love how when C is struggling with a new concept I stop what I'm doing and we keep working on it until he really gets it. I see his areas of weakness and I have the time to really work on those things with him.

Last week, we had the opportunity Brooks Museum where they had a homeschool day. They have a temporary exhibit called Soulful Creatures: Animal Mummies in Ancient Egypt. We had a blast! To prepare we went to the library and checked out a number of books about Ancient Egypt and then did a few arts and crafts projects.


We made necklaces and arm bands. They love all the art projects we get to do at home. We also had a chart in one of our books using hieroglyphics. I attempted writing their names on the white board. I thought they may like to add them to their art projects. M used the hieroglyphics and wrote out mom (the orange on the necklace). She also made a symbol to represent me...yes it's a cup of coffee. Coffee sounds like a good idea right now!



No comments:

Post a Comment