Sunday, June 22, 2014

Eating our own food!

It's so exciting! I've planted blackberries last year and again this year. I have finally seen some of the literal fruits of my labor! I was able to pick two handfuls of blackberries. Some of them were tart, but most of them were so sweet! The kids enjoyed most of them for breakfast.

When I started putting together their plates it was exciting to realize they were eating both eggs and blackberries from our backyard!

I need to start backing my own bread. I tried a bread machine, but that didn't work out to well. Not sure if it was operator error or a faulty machine. I've been pinning recipes to make breads, but haven't made it a priority. I think I'll try to make a loaf this week. I figure I will follow the recipes and use as many organic products as possible.
Then last night I made some of the chicken we raised for meat for dinner. I made a baked chicken (I know it was too hot). I would really love some recipes for making my own breading. I really see the need to be more organized about menu planning. I want to make things using better choices, but it's so easy to use store bought...then I feel badly. I keep telling myself we are making small changes. If I can buy it organic or non gmo I do.

Please feel free to comment below with great sites or recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment